dimecres, 15 d’abril del 2009

GAYS AND LESBIANS



The other day when we went out to have our brake time I realized that there was a group of girls between 14 and 16 who where kissing each other, which made me think about gays and lesbians relationships and the way they are integrated into society.

In my opion in the last couple of years our society has became more open and liberal towards gays and lesbian relationships. They don't have to hide anymore they can behave like normal couples in public doing typicall things like: kissing each other, holding hands... without beeing stared at. At least, it seems like that. And why not? they have the right to be happy just like everybody else!

A big step towards liberalisation of G+L relationships was made recently when the spanish goverment introduced a new law permiting their marriages. I agree to that because love shouldn't have boundaries. The only thing I don't agree to the adoption of children by gay couples, why? because children are not a necessary outcome of love and their wellbeing should be every parents' aim. With that I don't want to say that gay couples can't take care of children, what I want to say is that our society is not open enough yet to accept that. I can see that every day at school where when taliking everybody seems to understand that but deep down inside them they still have resentements which is clearly visible in their looks.



The above statment is not meant to be imposing my opinion on anybody, so feel free to make comments! :D