dissabte, 1 de novembre del 2008

MEDIEVALS


Hello!

Today I have been seeing some pictures and I remember a lot of things, so, now I will talk to you about medievals, a really interesting party in Castelló d'Empúries.
In the picture, you can see that we are a group of four girls, and we've been going to the medieval festival for four years. I know that, because I've been wearing four different dresses, lol. The first two years I wore some of gemma's dresses, but the third year I decided to get my own dress because I realized that I wanted to continue the tradition. So, I went to a tailor, and had a dress made personally for me. As you can see in the picture my dress is maroon, a color really fashionable then, but now really typical, everybody (above all the children) wears dresses of this color.
The party normally starts on a Friday, arounds the 11th of september. All starts with a dinner, where we serve the food. All the village is there eating and at the same time enjoying different shows, always related to medieval times.
The next day there are a lot of activities in all the town, the typical one is a band of medieval musicians playing the music while they're walking around the town.
All the village is decorated with medieval items, including the bars. The bars which are really interested in the party only serve typical food of those times, so, as you can imagine we spend all day eating "pinxos i butiffares". It's a shame that in those times, chocolate didn't exist, so, we miss it a lot during these days.
Sunday is the most important day, because there is the famous medieval market. One year we had a stand, and we sold little figures, witches, carrying good luck, that we had make ourselves. It was really funny and we made a lot of money, and thanks to it we could afford a really good dinner.




P.S: have a look at the top of my blog where there is another funny picture from Medievals :P