divendres, 5 de desembre del 2008

MY NAME IS CLAUDIA

Being called Claudia, at least, 500 times a day by my parents, friends, teachers... I was wondering what "Claudia" actually means, and subsequently if my parents had choosen the right name for me.

The girl's name Claudia is of latin origin, first mentioned in the 16th century, and it means "lame".
I don't really like this meaning, and it doesn't reflect my personaly either, so, I was looking for something else, and look what I found: It is a variant of the masculine Claude, which in turn has its origin in the Roman Claudius. It comes from a Roman family name which was derived from Latin claudus meaning "Nice, Kind Hearted". This really suits my personality! muahaha!

However it seems that the name Claudia has always been a very popular name as you can see in this graphic.


Despite of that, I haven't met a lot of Claudias yet, maybe they are in other countries. ;)